Your privacy is important to me. I am committed to protecting your personal data.
- provides information about the personal data I collect, and how and why I collect, store, use and share your personal data; and
- tells you about your rights in relation to your personal data and how to contact me or supervisory authorities if you have a complaint.
‘Personal data’ is any information that can directly or indirectly identify an individual (‘a data subject’).
Kati Lacey Illustration is the trademark of Kati Lacey freelance illustrator (I, me, my), who is the data controller. This means that I determine the purposes for which, and the way in which personal data are processed. As a data controller I will comply with all applicable data protection laws.
Should you have concerns about the way I process your data or would like me to stop processing your data please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO I COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
I may collect and process the following personal data:
Identity Data: which includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth
Contact Data: includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers
Financial Data: includes bank account and payment card details
Profile Data: includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you
Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing information from me and your communication preferences
Transaction Data: includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Technical Data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone, setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access my website.
Any other information, which you provide to me.
I do not collect any special categories of personal data (which include sensitive personal information such as details about your race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, political affiliation and sexual orientation).
2. HOW I COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
I collect most of this information from you directly, for example, Identity Data, Contact Data, Financial Data and Transaction Data when you fill in forms, correspond with me by email, phone, post or otherwise when you:
- create an account on my website to comment on my blog posts;
- purchase products and/or services from me;
- subscribe to my email newsletter;
- request marketing, promotional material or information to be sent to you; or
- give me some feedback.
I may also collect information from
- automated technologies, such as cookies which collect Technical Data about your equipment and browsing activities;
- publicly accessible sources, such as Companies House;
- providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as PayPal or DHL
- analytics providers such as Google Analytics;
- a third party with your specific consent (e.g. your bank or third party marketing lists);
3. HOW I PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Responding to quote requests: responding to enquiries coming directly from you.
Processing an order: if you order products or services from me I process identity, contact, financial, profile and transaction data.
Registering on my website: to enable you to comment on my blog or order products/services from me I ask you to register on my website. For this purpose, I collect identity and profile data.
My approach to marketing:
- my Website does not contain third party advertising.
- I may collect identity data about you to send you updates on my products or services if you have commissioned me or ordered products from me.
- I do not permit third party advertising (or targeted advertising) on my website. If you click on links to my social media pages, or to any third-party website, you may be subject to targeted marketing via that site.
- Where I have obtained your specific consent (e.g. when you subscribe to my e-newsletter), I may engage in direct marketing, such as sending you e-mails and/or brochures/other relevant marketing collateral to inform you of my services.
- I provide these communications on the basis that you have asked to receive these. If you change your mind, you may opt-out at any time via the unsubscribe feature that appears in my e-mails or by emailing email@example.com.
- I will not share with any third party the personal information that I obtain about you for the purposes of marketing unless you have provided your specific consent for me to do so and those third parties have agreed to make no independent or further use of that data and to maintain its confidentiality. I will not share your personal information with any third party for the purpose of marketing unless you have provided your consent for me to do so.
My Social Media pages:
- My Website contains links to my social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Behance. These third-party websites have their own respective privacy policies (which I would advise you to read) for which those sites are solely responsible.
- Should you visit those social media pages and choose to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Behance, I may receive identity, contact or transaction data from the social media providers, including: name, address (email and/or postal), telephone number(s), IP address, social media account URL, date of birth and/or gender.
- If I do receive any personal information about you from these third party social media sites, I will not process your information for the purposes of direct marketing unless you have provided your consent, or it is otherwise lawful for me to do so (e.g. you have previously commissioned me or bought something from me).
- If you have opted-in to receive such communications, please see my section above on “My Approach to Marketing”.
- If you would like me to delete the personal information that I have received about you from these sites, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not want me to receive further information about you from these sites, you should also contact the sites directly to turn off the ‘follow’ setting.
4. COOKIES & ANALYTICS
Our Website also uses website analytics, including Google Analytics, to evaluate and improve my Website, personalise your experience and to offer the best, most accessible service possible to all my visitors. In my Google Analytics, IP Anonymization turned on. This means that Google will anonymize your IP address as soon as technically feasible by removing the last octet of the IP address before storage and processing begins, and therefore the full IP address as Google claims “is never written to the disk”. Cookies related to Google Analytics are stored for 50 weeks.
To find out more about Google Analytics and to learn how to opt out, please visit:
- How Google uses data when you use my partners’ sites or apps, or
When you visit my Website, these Google Analytics may collect the following data, which will be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to us:
- number of visitors to my Website;
- pages visited while on the Website and time spent per page;
- page interaction information, such as scrolling, clicks and browsing methods;
- websites where visitors have come from and where they go afterwards;
- page response times and any download errors;
- other technical information relating to end user device, such as IP address or browser plug-in.
I process this information to understand how visitors use my Website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access my Website, and I aggregate this information together, so I know that, for example, most of the visitors to my Website come from England).
This processing is crucial to the running of my online business and I therefore undertake such monitoring in the pursuit of my legitimate interests in improving my Website to provide a better service and source of information to visitors.
This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
5. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THE PERSONAL DATA THAT I PROCESS
You have the following rights over the way I process personal data relating to you. I aim to respond as soon as practicable but within one month at the latest. I do not charge a fee to respond to your request:
- to ask for a copy of data I am processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
- to ask me to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
To make a request in relation to any of your rights, please email me at email@example.com.
I take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
Though I take care to ensure the highest level of security available to us, no servers are immune to being compromised either wilfully or otherwise. By allowing me to store your personal data, you accept that this is done at your own risk.
I will not rent or sell personal data to anyone. I will disclose personal data only in response to a legal or governmental demand, or when I believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect my property or rights, third parties or the public at large.
In accordance with data protection laws and good commercial practice, I do not retain data in a form that permits identification of the person(s) to whom it relates for any longer than is necessary. Once the purpose for which information has been collected has been fulfilled, I will either permanently delete your personal information or remove all identifiers within it so that it is no longer personal data. I may use such anonymised data for research and/or business analysis purposes.
If you would like me to stop using your personal information, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
My website and any personal data held on its databases is hosted on servers located in London, England, and regular backups of the website and databases are stored on Amazon S3 storage in Ireland.
I may also transfer your personal data outside the EU: as part of my business operation I use third-party services which may utilise servers outside of the EU, such as Google Analytics, Gmail, Google Calendar, Mailchimp, WooCommerce, Microsoft OneDrive and others.
By giving me consent to store and process your personal data you accept that I may, where my business processes dictate, use such services and therefore transfer your data outside the EU.
These international data transfers do not affect any of your rights listed above.
9. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
I hope that I can resolve any query or concern you may raise about my use of your information. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO), the UK Supervisory Authority for data protection issues: https://ico.org.uk/. I would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact me in the first instance at email@example.com.